Franklin United will uphold a relationship of trust and respect between all involved in the game, whether they are individuals, clubs or other organisations.
Fair Play is Most Important
Playing for the team, and for the team to win, is the most fundamental part of the game. Fair Play and respect for all others in the game is fundamentally important.
We will not accept winning at any cost.
Franklin United rejects the use of violence of any nature by anyone involved in the game.
Football is opposed to discrimination of any form and will promote measures to prevent it, in whatever form, from being expressed.
Players’ Responsibilities During the Game
- Display control, courtesy, respect, honesty, dignity and professionalism to all involved within the game – this includes opponents, coaches, officials, sponsors, the media, parents and spectators.
- Give maximum effort and strive for the best possible performance during a game, even if their team is in a position where the desired result has already been achieved.
- Set a positive example for others, particularly young players and supporters.
- Avoid all forms of unsporting behaviour and time-wasting.
- Win or lose with dignity. Shake hands with the opposing team and the referee at the end of every game.
- Always have regard for the best interests of the game, including where publicly expressing an opinion on the game and any particular aspect of it, including others involved in the game.
- Do not use inappropriate language.
Players’ Responsibilities to Franklin United
- Make every effort to be consistent with Fair Play and the Laws of the Game to help your own team win.
- Resist any influence which might, or might be seen to, bring into question your commitment to the team.
- Speak to your team-mates, the opposition and your coach/manager with respect.
- Never act in any way that may bring disrepute or disgrace to Franklin United members, its committee members/ stakeholders and/or its sponsors, potential sponsors and/or partners. This includes off and online communication.
- Be a positive role model.
Players’ Responsibilities Towards Training and Development Sessions
- Arrive on time for training sessions.
- Players should always wear the appropriate footwear for the particular event i.e. Boot’s/ trainers for fitness sessions. It is the players decision to wear Shin guards or not but Franklin Utd believe they should always be worn.
- Bring your own water for training sessions.
- Players should train and play to the best of their ability, have a positive attitude, and encourage others to do the same.
- Prepare yourself mentally to learn from the training session.
- Conduct yourself properly with respect to teammates, coaches/ physio/ managers and spectators.
- Bullying will not be tolerated.
- Players should display self-control in all situations. Never use foul or abusive language – before, during or after a training session or a match.
- Assist coaches/ managers with all equipment including care of equipment.
- Do not eat a big meal before or after a training session.
- Lead a healthy sporting lifestyle. Look after your diet, sleep well, have a good rest especially after a training session.
- Try to abstain from smoking or consuming alcohol after a training session.
Respect for the Laws of the Game and Competition Rules
- Know and abide by the Laws, rules and spirit of the game, and the competition rules.
- Accept success and failure, victory and defeat, equally.
- Resist any temptation to take banned substances or use banned techniques.
Respect Towards Opponents
- Treat opponents with respect at all times, irrespective of the result of the game.
- Safeguard your physical fitness when facing opponents; avoid violence and rough play, and help injured opponents.
Respect Towards Match Officials
- Accept the decision of the Match Official without protest.
- Avoid words or actions which may mislead a Match Official.
- Show respect towards Match Officials.
Respect Towards Franklin United Team Officials
- Abide by the instructions of your Coach and Team Officials.
- Show respect towards the Team Officials of the Opposition.
- Show respect to the interests of supporters.
If any player has a complaint or disagrees with a team decision they must bring it to the attention of the appropriate person such as the Operation Manager or Director of Player Development in a private manner.