Franklin United DNA
Franklin United was established in 2016 with the vision to create a sustainable pathway to the top level for all football players, coaches and referees in the Franklin Community.
To make this possible, Franklin United was created as a joint venture so that it could assist in building extensive partnerships between all Franklin community football clubs, whilst at the same time establishing a pathway for elite players within the area.
Our Club Values
Our aim is for all Franklin teams to demonstrate a consistent playing style based on the Franklin United playing philosophy.
- In possession – Our aim is to take risks and dominate possession purposefully, selecting the right moments to progress the play and penetrate.
- Out of possession – Our aim is to regain possession as quickly and effectively as possible. This will take into consideration the conditions and situations of the game.
- Transition – Our aim is to anticipate transitions and instinctively react, with understanding of the situation, when losing and regaining possession of the ball.
- Formation – Our aim is to be tactically flexible, reacting to game situations and player profiles, with a focus of progression through the transition of formations.
Our aim is to develop the future Franklin United player with outstanding characteristics across the 3C’s player development model. Franklin United players are challenged to develop a growth mindset and the grit and determination to succeed on and off the field.
- Cognition – Our aim is to develop Franklin players that display outstanding skills and strategies to use a reflective model before, during and after performance.
- Competence – Our aim is to develop Franklin players that have excellent technical skills and attributes to play under high-pressured moments, with a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of how to tactically manage games.
- Character – Our aim is to develop Franklin players that demonstrate characteristics of an exceptional standard of nature, which will equip the players with strategies and a growth mindset to excel on and off the field.
- Pyramid Tier – Our aim is to develop Franklin players with the understanding of a balanced life style and the demands of high performance in football, which is a foundation and support, of the 3C’s.
Our aim is to create coaching programs that will outline principles for coaches to focus on in each age-phase, whilst supplementing other themes to balance and support our main principles.
Foundation Phase – 5-11
- In Possession – Stay on the ball, master the ball – Develop a mastery of the ball and the confidence to try new things.
- Excite with the ball and seek creative solutions – Be exciting and positive in possession, playing with individuality and with elements of disguise and surprise.
- Connect and combine creatively with others – Combine creatively and intelligently with others to create and score goals.
Out of Possession
- Positive and enthusiastic defending – Enjoy winning the ball back, be difficult to beat 1v1 and look to start attacks when you get the ball.
- Intelligent defending – Be positive and confident in your positioning and ability to win the ball. Be alert when the opposition have possession.
- Master a variety of defensive techniques and roles – Enjoy defending in a variety of roles and develop a range of techniques to regain possession.
- Instinctive decision-making – React quickly and positively when the ball is won or lost and have a range of individual options and actions.
- Positive and intelligent attacking reactions – Have a positive attitude when possession is regained, travelling quickly with and without the ball. Take every opportunity to attack, create and score goals.
- Positive and intelligent defensive reactions – Try to win the ball back quickly and prevent opponents from starting attacks. Be proactive when the ball is lost and have confidence in your ability to defend.
Our DNA Coaching Fundamentals
Our Training Strategy
Our aim is to provide outstanding knowledge and expertise for the players across multiple disciplines within football. This will focus on a range of Performance Services including specialist medical, scientific, analytical and psychological disciplines, which work alongside the coaching staff to help increase the effectiveness of coaching and enhance the development of individual players and team performance.
Performance analysis is the use of video, objective data and analytical tools and skills to provide insights and feedback. Performance analysis helps to accelerate the technical and tactical development of teams and players, aids in player selection, and helps to determine technical and tactical training requirements and the game strategy.
Franklin United teams and players are supported by specialist coaches and processes with a focus on developing physical performance. Support through physical performance helps to improve performance in, and recovery from, matches and training.
Franklin United teams and players are supported by specialist coaches and processes with a focus on developing nutritional skills. Support through nutrition helps to improve performance in, and recovery from, matches and training, whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Focus on developing skills which enable individuals to effectively manage their own emotions and interactions with others are a part of the performances services available to Franklin United teams. Performance psychology is used to help accelerate learning, improve performance and develop greater individual and team resilience under pressure.
Sports Medicine and Physiotherapy
Franklin United players and coaching staff are supported by processes to proactively optimise their health and wellness. Sports medicine and physiotherapy support will help to optimise player and coach availability to produce their best performances.
Injury Prevention and Recovery Franklin United players and coaching staff are supported by processes to proactively optimise their recovery from training and games. Injury Prevention programmes, processes and support will help to optimise player and coach availability to produce their best performances.
Player Coach Education
Our aim is to create a vary of options for all Franklin players, that will have the opportunity to develop the football education through the pathway of coach development. Qualified coach educators will be available to provide bespoke training and assistance during the players pathway in coaching. Junior and Youth Level 1 and 2 will be available through the support of Franklin United.